Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Argument as Conversation

Greene's article provides a far more complex take on making an argument than most consider when doing it. The analogy at the start of the article I found to be rather interesting. The fact that one joins mid conversation with other who also joined mid conversation is an interesting way to look at it. For the research paper I plan on writing about literacy in language, how literacy differs for people whose first language is chinese that utilizes characters or english that utilizes and alphabet. In entering this argument I will have to consider what arguments I would like to add too, counter-argue, or what I think has not been addressed by anyone yet.

1 comment:

  1. Your research topic is interesting. I also liked the analogy at the beginning of the article.

    ReplyDelete